Saturday, August 1, 2009

Exodus:Chapter 4 Questions and Comments

Ch. 4, 8:

"if they will not believe you, nor heed the message of the first sign, they should believe the message of the second"
  • Question: If he gave the Egyptians hints before his plagues, will he infact give us hints before the end of our world?
  • I'm sure plenty of people will understand the foreshadowing ...
Ch. 4, 21:

"I will make him obstinate, however, so that he will not let the people go"

Ch, 4, 23:

"hence, I tell you. Let my son go, that he may serve me. If you refuse to let him go, I warn you, I will kill your son, your first-born"
  • My Question is for both quotes above.
  • Obstinate = stubborn
  • Why make the Pharaoh stubborn?
  • So, instead of just having the Pharaoh say yes he wants confrontation? Drammatic much?
  • he wants to kill off all the 1st borns and really gives the Pharaoh no choice in the matter
  • Horrible!
  • Why would he do this?
Ch. 4, 24-26:
  • I'm really just confused about the circumcision
  • Question: Why was God about to kill Moses after all that had happened?
  • Moses didn't even want to go to Egypt and talk to the Pharaoh and God yelled at him and told him he had to, then he goes and almost kills him? If Zipporah hadn't spilled his blood, God would have.
See how it can all be confusing? I would really love to hear your explanations. :)

1 comment:

  1. The plagues thing is something I rant at God about a lot. I'm sure that the right answer sounds something like "I am God and you are not," but that does not stop my rant. It just doesn't seem like a nice thing to do.

    I will have to go back and read Exodus, which I haven't done in a while. It may just inspire another rant.

    ReplyDelete